Sony have released firmware update version 4.00 for the A7 III, which adds FTP transfer and improves the overall stability of the camera.
The new update introduces software “Ver.4.00”.
*Note – When you update to this version, FTP transfer setting will be initialized. Please reconfigure after the update
Adds new features of FTP transfer
- Allows you to transfer still images during shoot and playback operations
- Adds the following FTP transfer functions
- Allows you to narrow down the transfer target, such as protected images or non-transferred images, and transfer the images together as a batch
- Allows you to transfer only the image being played back by pressing the custom key
- Allows you to transfer all images automatically while shooting
- Allows you to select the setting to transfer both RAW file and JPEG taken in RAW+JPEG format to an FTP server
- Update the destination folder configuration
- Allows you to register up to nine FTP servers (previous was up to 3)
- Allows you to change the destination folder configuration on the FTP server
- Save image data directly under the folder that you choice
Register the media card slot number in the folder configuration
- Register the folder configuration same as your camera
- Improved operability of FTP transfer function
- Allows you to set items under Server Setting by using the smartphone application Transfer & Tagging add-on
Improves the overall stability of the camera
(*1) The Transfer & Tagging add-on is only available in certain countries and regions.