There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Are you looking for achievement quotes? Like, something to help you become more successful in life.
Well, you come to the right place!
In this collection of powerful achievement quotes, we will feature quotes about how success habits can help you achieve your goals.
We will give you some success quotes that will help to inspire hard work. Will give you some motivational sayings that will help you achieve both your short-term and long-term goals. And finally will give you some positive quotes to help you counter specific obstacles in your pathway to success.
That’s a whole lot of achievement. But what is “achievement?” It seems to me to be one of those words that changes a little bit depending on the person who is using the term. So before we start on the achievement quotes with getting the exact definition of the word achievement.
According to dictionary.com achievement is something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage.
Remember that has been going over these achievement quotes. We’re not talking normal, mundane tasks here. We’re talking about achieving things that have some significance and relate to your personal “why.”
So let’s get started by covering quotes related to achieving your personal goals…
Achievement Quotes About Building Positive Habits
- “Anyone who has ever made anything of importance was disciplined.”— Andrew Hendrixson
- “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.”—Thomas J. Watson
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”— Henry David Thoreau
- “Potential is not an endpoint but a capacity to grow and learn.” -Eileen Kennedy-Moore
- “Your daily behavior reveals your deepest beliefs.”— Robin Sharma
- “Success is assured when a person fears the pain of regret more than the pain of the process.”— Orrin Woodward
- “Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results.” -Robin Sharma
Champions keep playing until they get it right.”— Billie Jean King
I love these habit achievement quotes. Habits are my bread-and-butter. I think building habits can revolutionize someone’s life. They are the answer to getting rid of everything you don’t like about yourself and replacing these things with a better, idealized version of the self you want to be.
If you actually want to spend the time and effort to make some changes in your habits you certainly come to the right place. Over several years I’ve written tens of thousands of words on habits and habit change.
To get started, I recommend checking out the following resources:
The next step to changing your bad habits is to actually do the work and take the time to actually change a habit. As you may know, if you’ve ever tried to change habits before, this can sometimes be easier said than done.
To make this step as easy as possible I’ve provided a list of 200+ bad habits that might be holding you back and a 27-step process on how to break any bad habit.
Well, enough about habits and habit change, I think you have enough to get you started if you’re interested in pursuing habit change further. Let’s get back to the inspirational achievement quotes.
RELATED: 12 Good Morning Routine Habits
Want to build a success-focused morning routine? Well, watch this video to learn about the 12 morning routine habits of the world’s most successful people.
Quotes & Sayings about Achievement that Inspire Hard Work
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”― Thomas A. Edison
- “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.”― John Wooden
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”— John Wooden
- “Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I’ll show you someone who has never achieved much.”― Joan Collins
- “Where victims see adversity, extreme achievers see opportunity.” — Robin Sharma
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” -Walt Disney
- “Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.”— Thomas Edison
- “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.”― Chris Grosser
- “When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.”― Napoleon Hill
There is a single common thread about every person who has ever had a significant achievement. That thread is that they had to work hard for their success.
Achievement never comes in a lightning bolt of inspiration, it comes after countless hours of toil … and then MAYBE, a lightning bolt of inspiration.
Of course, it is a little bit disingenuous to hint that hard work is the only thing you need to achieve success.
That is what most of these quotes are actually telling us. But it is not entirely true.
While it is extremely difficult or even bordering on possible to achieve success without hard work, the simple fact that you work hard does not always guarantee success.
Want some more inspiration to achieve success. Check out a couple of the links below:
Motivational Sayings for Achieving Your Goals
- “When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.”― Lolly Daskal
- “The freedom to do your best means nothing unless you are willing to do your best.”― Colin Powell
- “Every achievement is servitude. It compels us to higher achievement.” -Albert Camus
- “When you set your mind to achieve something, you must allow yourself the opportunity to get it done.”― Tasha Hoggatt
- “Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.”― Albert Einstein
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential? These are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”— Eddie Robinson
- “What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” Norman Vincent Peale
- “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”― Horace Mann
- “The ultimate measure of a person is not her mistakes or accomplishments, but what she does with them.”― Liza M. Wiemer
- “The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.”― Criss Jami
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”― Paulo Coelho
“When the awareness of what is achievable brushes your life, your journey has begun.” -Lorii Myers
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.”— Albert Einstein
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”― Harry Truman
- “To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”― Robert F. Kennedy
I feel that the greatest reward for doing is the opportunity to do more.”— Jonas Salk
What is the power of motivational sayings? Can they really help you achieve success?
I am guessing that you believe achievement quotes, motivational quotes, success quotes and positive affirmations you read must have some positive impact on your life. Or what’s the point of reading this post on achievement quotes?
These quotes obviously won’t do the work for you. But it is helpful to know others have gone down the same path and have achieved success. That is the magic of these quotes. You get distilled wisdom from someone who is been-there-done-that.
If you wonder whether motivation is more science or art, I suggest you check out this post, How to Get Motivated: The Science of Achievement Thru Motivation. This post will tell you everything you need to know about getting yourself motivated and how to help you achieve the success you desire. If you’d like to learn more about this subject, feel free to check out the 20 best motivational books that we’ve reviewed on this page.
My favorite motivation comes from small wins. The reasons I love small wins is that they make tasks so insanely simple that you cannot help but succeed.
When tasks are insanely simple it is easy you often go above and beyond the tasks achieving more than you initially thought possible. All this is because you are buoyed by your initial small win success.
Finally, if you want a great motivational tool for achieve your goals, then I recommend checking out the 90X Goal Planner.
Accomplishment Quotes for Overcoming Obstacles
- “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal.”— Author unknown
- “Potential unexpressed turns to pain.”— Robin Sharma
If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.”― Jim Rohn
- “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” -Oscar Wilde
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”― David Brinkley
- “The project you are most resisting carries your greatest growth.”— Robin Sharma
- “Beware of those who criticize you when you deserve some praise for an achievement, for it is they who secretly desire to be worshiped.”― Suzy Kassem
- “People pretend not to like grapes when the vines are too high for them to reach.”― Marguerite de Navarre
- “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”― Theodore Roosevelt
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”— John Wooden
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”— Earl Nightingale
- “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “With your entire focus on your goal, you will reach levels of achievement that you never thought possible.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The gull sees farthest who flies highest.” – Richard Bach
- “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Achieving big goals requires you to become a bigger person. You must develop new habits, abilities, skills, and attitudes. You must stretch yourself, and in so doing, you will be forever stretched.” – Vic Johnson
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “I found that wanting fast results led only to despair, but a steady effort over five years transform all of life.” – John Soforic
- “Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do. Don’t let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.” – Michael Jordan
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Extremely successful people know that their efforts must continue in order for them to realize new achievements. Once the hunt for a desired object or goal is abandoned, the cycle of success comes to an end.” – Grant Cardone
- “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- “Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed.” – Paulo Coelho
- “But with sound self-confidence you can succeed. A sense of inferiority and inadequacy interferes with the attainment of your hopes, but self-confidence leads to self-realization and successful achievement.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
- “We don’t reach the mountaintop from the mountaintop. We start at the bottom and climb up. Blood is involved.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
- “It shouldn’t be easy to be amazing. Then everything would be. It’s the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something’s difficult to come by, you’ll do that much more to make sure it’s even harder – or impossible – to lose.” – Sarah Dessen
- “In fact, stories of people of achievement often show that obstacles and struggles are the stepping stones to success.” – Michal Stawicki
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
“Nothing is written in the stars … No one controls your destiny.” – Gregory Maguire
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
- “Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “I profoundly believe that there is always more than one ‘right way’ to achieve great results.” – Robyn Pearce
- “All successes begin with self-discipline. It starts with you.” – Dwayne Johnson
- “For no matter what we achieve, if we don’t spend the vast majority of our time with people we love and respect, we cannot possibly have a great life.” – Jim Collins
- “The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to others.” – Author Unknown
- “We shouldn’t teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. Knowing the contents of a few works of literature is a trivial achievement. Being inclined to go on reading is a great achievement.” – B. F. Skinner
- “The difference between setting a goal and achieving it is in having a good plan and working it.” – Les Brown
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance.” – Wilbur and Orville Wright
- “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
- “Achievement is talent plus preparation.” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember – the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
I have saved the best achievement quotes for last.
If you want to achieve any measurable level of success, planning for the obstacles that are going to get new ways that you.
You may not know is going to get in your way. You may not know when it is going to happen. But you can rest assured that will happen. Any success, be it with habits or in a career is only going to be achieved after you get past the obstacles are surely going to find themselves in your path.
To overcome these obstacles to plan. As these great quotes above suggest. You can also check out these warrior quotes for more.
Check out these posts that will help you plan for (and overcome) any obstacle that you might encounter:
Inspired by these achievement quotes?
Please help inspire others by sharing this achievement quote post on your favorite social media networks!
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what’s truly important to you..